We're currently looking for a competent front-end developer, dedicated to usability on the web and passionate about clean, semantic code. As a code guru worth your weight in gold, you pay unparalleled attention to detail, are able to meet deadlines without sweating too much and are willing to work within small teams.
As a passionate coder, you should also be familiar with the in and outs of the Internet, be able to work on several projects at the same time and be capable of working with little, or no direction if necessary. You are also able to take constructive criticism without getting hurt, think for yourself and have a strong sense of dedication to the end user. You should also understand the underlying principles behind good design, be able to communicate well and hold tightly to the idea of function over form.
- Familiarity with templating frameworks
- A strong commitment to user centered development, accessibility and usability
- Experience with bug tracking and version control systems
- A deep understanding of browser and platform compatibility
- Joy in turning design mockups into usable, interactive interfaces
- A working knowledge of Adobe's Creative Suite (or some other equivalent graphics solution like GIMP)
- Experience with CMS/blogging platforms (Wordpress, Drupal, etc..)
Nice to have's:
- Experience with ecommmerce and/or Social Networking platforms is a major plus
- A Bachelor's degree in a design related field is preferred
- Familiarity with Basecamp and other 37signals products
- A curious mind that is always willing to learn
- Familiarity with one or two server side languages (PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc...)
send CV to jobs@ooyes,net