We use icons at a lot of places such as desktop application or favicon for our blog. For those who always change the Windows folder or application icons, you can always search for .ico images format, which is the icon files for Windows.
We had gone through a lot of articles that related to images and icons. But if you are new to our blog, then you may want to refer them back, which i would like to do a summary here:
- Image Optimization tools: This article shares 12 tools for you to optimize and reduce the size of your images. They may not be important for you, but these tools are essential for bloggers and webmasters. As Google put more weight on page loading speed, it is good that you pay some attention on your image size especially if you have many images on your articles.
- Free Icon Editors: 6 useful and free Icon Editors for you. Useful when you don’t want to install or fire up your Photoshop. Some of them are even portable, which mean you can carry them along with your USB flash drive.
But, if you want to use your own images as icons, then you may need some software/utilities to convert these images to .ico extension. Today, we are going to look into 5 different methods to convert your images to icon files.
Desktop Image to Icon Converters
SimplyIcon allows you to create icon files by drag and drop your images on to this application. This is a portable application and it requires .Net Framework 2.0 to run.
2. Imagicon 3.0
Imagicon is a graphics utility designed to convert multiple image files from BMP, JPG or PNG image formats into BMP, JPG, PNG and ICO. You can use the drag and drop feature to convert images to icons too.
Convert from BMP, JPG, metafiles to transparent icons. you can convert more than one file at the same time, you can also, select the transparent color .EIPCs Image 2 Icon Converter has a wonderful interface which is easy to use.
Web Services To Convert Images To Icons
You can upload your image to the server and select your desired icon size. After that system will convert the image to icon file and you can download the output to your local machine. The maximum allowed file size is 1MB and it supports JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF file formats.
This is yet another website where you can upload your images and convert them into various formats, including: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF and ICO. The upload image must be within 200kb.
- 6 Free Icon Editors To Create and Edit Icons
- 33 Beautiful Social Media Icon Sets For Designers And Bloggers
- Ultimate Christmas Resources: 60 Tutorials, Icons, Design Materials, Wordpress Themes and Christmas Fonts
- 60+ Photoshop Tutorials For Icon Design
- Desktop Blogging: 20 Best Blogging Softwares To Help You Blog From Your Dekstop